Tuesday 18 October 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (6)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and the Bookish where a new top ten list is posted each week. This week is: Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It which I'm going to do as two groups of ten, mostly because titles and covers play a scary role in how many books I purchase.

Titles

So if I'm going by title when I buy a book, it's usually because the title either makes me laugh or would be great for raising the eyebrows of anyone nosey enough to check out what I'm reading.

1. Love Bites by Lynsay Sands
2. All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
3. A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister
4. Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang by Katie MacAlister
5. Aliens in Underpants Save the World by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort
6. Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
7. What do you say to a Naked Elf? by Cheryl Sterling
8. Tall, Dark and Dead by Tate Hallaway
9. What's a Ghoul to do? by Victoria Laurie
10. Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey

Covers

Okay so these should need no explanation, other than the fact they were all purchased based on some variation on me thinking "oooooh shiny" or "oooooh pretty".




8 comments:

  1. Human Bondage made my list this week, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallen made my list too.

    "What do you say to a Naked Elf?"
    HA ha! This title is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover for Abandon is absolutely stunning. I just want it for my shelf!

    Wither and Fallen also made my list based on covers.
    New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally and completely, I LOVE the cover for Wither! It's definitely one of my favourites! :) LOL and the title "Aliens in Underpants Save the World" just made me laugh -- now I want to pick up that book too!

    Awesome top ten, Claire! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have an awesome day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sisters Red cover hooked me too! And I LOVE that cover for Abandon - kind of makes me want to buy it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments guys :) I loved doing the Top Ten this week - the only tricky part was narrowing down my lists!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover for Sisters Red. I'm temped to buy it now, even though I don't know what it is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting Nimue :) Sisters Red is a retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale, just with two kick-ass sisters hunting wolves rather than one girl being hunted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva