Happy New Year everyone! I hope your 2013 is full of fun, laughter and great books :)
Welcome to 2013 everyone! I hope you had a happy holiday and are ready for the new year. I thought I'd put together a post about what my resolutions are for this year as well as what challenges and events I'll be participating in.
I've also included my January TBR, a new feature for me this year that I love on other people's blogs :)
ResolutionsMy reading resolutions:
- Beat my 2012 number of books read: I read 115 books in 2012 and I'd love to beat that number this year.
- Review my books after I read them: I ended up with a few backlogs this year and always feel my reviews are easiest to write just after I'm done reading.
- Focus on books I already own: I have a bunch of books I own but haven't read so I'd rather focus on those than buying new books.
- Take part in a Pick-It-For-Me Challenge every month: I'm even hosting this on Goodreads in December :)
My blogging resolutions:
- Try to blog regularly: my health really affected my blogging in 2012 (see here for a more in-depth explanation) and I'm determined to blog more in 2013.
- Schedule my posts in advance: Kind of tied to my first resolution in that to stay on track I want to have a decent safety net of posts scheduled in advance.
- Do quarterly update posts: I lost track of a few challenges this year so I'm hoping quarterly updates will help me keep on track.
Reading ChallengesHere's a list of the 2013 year long reading challenges I've signed up for. Links are either to my sign-up posts or to the relevant Goodreads threads. Any new challenges I join after this post goes live will be added to this list :)
2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge
2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge
2013 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
2013 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge
Cruisin' Thru the Cozies
Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013
I've also signed up for the Take Control of your TBR! challenge in March :)
EventsBefore 2013 even started, I'd already signed up for my first event! So far I've committed to the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon and the Snowbound Love Giveaway Hop. I'm also hoping to take part in the Take Control Read-a-Thon in March hosted by Kimba.
January TBRMy TBR for this month includes a mix of different books, with a fair amount of vampires thrown in for the 2013 Paranormal Challenge.
Into the Nightside and The Host are both books I've been recommended by Goodreads pick-it-for-me challenges so I'm interested to see what I think of those.
Vampire Academy is actually a re-read for me but I'm desperate to get to the Bloodlines series so I'm hoping to read all 6 this month :) I loved it the first time so fingers crossed I still will.
Shatter Me is going to be my first 2013 read. I always start the year with a book I've heard great things about and I've heard so many awesome things I may have already started this as you're reading :)