Tuesday 1 January 2013

Welcome to 2013!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope your 2013 is full of fun, laughter and great books :)

Welcome to 2013 everyone! I hope you had a happy holiday and are ready for the new year. I thought I'd put together a post about what my resolutions are for this year as well as what challenges and events I'll be participating in.

I've also included my January TBR, a new feature for me this year that I love on other people's blogs :)

Resolutions

My reading resolutions:
  • Beat my 2012 number of books read: I read 115 books in 2012 and I'd love to beat that number this year.
  • Review my books after I read them: I ended up with a few backlogs this year and always feel my reviews are easiest to write just after I'm done reading.
  • Focus on books I already own: I have a bunch of books I own but haven't read so I'd rather focus on those than buying new books.
  • Take part in a Pick-It-For-Me Challenge every month: I'm even hosting this on Goodreads in December :)

My blogging resolutions:
  • Try to blog regularly: my health really affected my blogging in 2012 (see here for a more in-depth explanation) and I'm determined to blog more in 2013.
  • Schedule my posts in advance: Kind of tied to my first resolution in that to stay on track I want to have a decent safety net of posts scheduled in advance.
  • Do quarterly update posts: I lost track of a few challenges this year so I'm hoping quarterly updates will help me keep on track.

Reading Challenges

Here's a list of the 2013 year long reading challenges I've signed up for. Links are either to my sign-up posts or to the relevant Goodreads threads. Any new challenges I join after this post goes live will be added to this list :)

2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge
2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge
2013 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
2013 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge
Cruisin' Thru the Cozies
Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013

I've also signed up for the Take Control of your TBR! challenge in March :)

Events

Before 2013 even started, I'd already signed up for my first event! So far I've committed to the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon and the Snowbound Love Giveaway Hop. I'm also hoping to take part in the Take Control Read-a-Thon in March hosted by Kimba.

January TBR

My TBR for this month includes a mix of different books, with a fair amount of vampires thrown in for the 2013 Paranormal Challenge.

Into the Nightside and The Host are both books I've been recommended by Goodreads pick-it-for-me challenges so I'm interested to see what I think of those.

Vampire Academy is actually a re-read for me but I'm desperate to get to the Bloodlines series so I'm hoping to read all 6 this month :) I loved it the first time so fingers crossed I still will.

Shatter Me is going to be my first 2013 read. I always start the year with a book I've heard great things about and I've heard so many awesome things I may have already started this as you're reading :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    And wow, that's a massive TBR pile! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Shatter Me. I haven't read it yet but I know lots of people love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be starting Shatter Me soon (niecelet invasion meant no reading for me today). I tried to keep my TBR small but I cheated a little as I'm doing a read-a-thon next week :)

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Your resolutions are all things I'd love to do too - being organised takes the stress out of blogging.

    I've just started the VA series, and love it. The just Host is also much better than twilight, IMHO. Best wishes for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Katja! I'm just about to read the Vampire Academy books for a read-a-thon and will hopefully even get The Host read too.

      Thanks for stopping by and best wishes for 2013 to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva