Sunday 27 January 2013

Cover Characteristic (4)


Cover Characteristic is a great meme is hosted by Sugar & Snark. Each week a new characteristic is posted, and to take part you pick your favourite 5 covers that fit with the topic.

Here are my top 5 covers for this weeks Cover Characteristic: moon.


5. The cover of Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie was one of the motivating factors in my getting a copy. I love the orange colouring and simple graphics along with the Halloweeny feel :)


4. Downpour by Kat Richardson is one of the best person-against-moon covers I have seen. She manages to look really bad ass, while all the detailing in the background makes her and the moon stand out even more.


3. Another holiday themed cover with Wolfsbane and Mistletoe. I love how the wolf is silhouetted against the moon and the snow and holly lend a seasonal feel.


2. Stolen by Kelley Armstrong is a really simple take on using the moon. Having the full moon shown behind bars really shows off that this is a book about the imprisonment of a werewolf in a clever way.


1. My favourite moon cover is The Accidental Human by Dakota Cassidy. I love the sketchy style to her paranormal covers, and I especially like how the moon is used to draw all of the cover elements together.

11 comments:

  1. Love the covers for Downpour & The Accidental Human! Great picks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I really like the cover for Hallowe'en Party and The Accidental Human. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I love the Dakota Cassidy covers, too :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Her covers are always pretty :)

      Thanks for stopping by Aleksandra!

      Delete
  4. Stolen looks interesting...and Agatha Christie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! they're pretty! Thanks for sharing, I didn't know about some of those books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lis! I'm glad I could share some new books :)

      Delete
  6. The Downpour cover is great!

    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva