All content on this blog was created and/or compiled by Project to be Read. No images, text or quotations may be copied or reproduced without written permission. Authors and publishers may use parts of reviews for quotations as long as I am notified.
Cover Characteristic is a great meme is hosted by Sugar & Snark. Each week a new characteristic is posted, and to take part you pick your favourite 5 covers that fit with the topic.
Here are my top 5 covers for this weeks Cover Characteristic: moon.
5. The cover of Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie was one of the motivating factors in my getting a copy. I love the orange colouring and simple graphics along with the Halloweeny feel :)
4. Downpour by Kat Richardson is one of the best person-against-moon covers I have seen. She manages to look really bad ass, while all the detailing in the background makes her and the moon stand out even more.
3. Another holiday themed cover with Wolfsbane and Mistletoe. I love how the wolf is silhouetted against the moon and the snow and holly lend a seasonal feel.
2. Stolen by Kelley Armstrong is a really simple take on using the moon. Having the full moon shown behind bars really shows off that this is a book about the imprisonment of a werewolf in a clever way.
1. My favourite moon cover is The Accidental Human by Dakota Cassidy. I love the sketchy style to her paranormal covers, and I especially like how the moon is used to draw all of the cover elements together.
All reviews state the origin of the book. The majority of my reviews are for books that I have purchased for myself. Some are borrowed from libraries or friends, others are given as gifts. Any books received for review are given in exchange for an honest review. I do not charge for reviews and receive no monetary dispensation from Project to be Read.