Monday 14 January 2013

Bout of Books: Sunday & Wrap Up (#boutofbooks)


I'm aiming to post an update each day throughout the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon because I find them fun to look back over once it's all finished. I'll be including an update on my day (sometimes just about reading, other times about why I've not been reading), along with my thoughts on the books I've been reading and any challenge entries.

My Day

Sunday was pretty awesome. My eyes were still a little sore so I ended up trying to pace my reading out as much as possible, mostly so I didn't end up in the same situation with Under the Never Sky as I did with Last Sacrifice. No photo sadly as I totally forgot to take one :(

The Books

Today I read Under the Never Sky. I'd heard some awesome things about it, particularly this week from the other Bout of Books participants on twitter and honestly now I'm finished I'm not hugely sure what I think. I liked the characters and the world, and I thought Perry and Aria were sweet together. The story didn't quite suck me in like I expected though, and there was a lack of background information about the Unity which was missing (although it is included in Through the Ever Night and I'm not sure how it would have fit in here and avoided info-dumping). Chances are when I write my review it's going to come out as a low five/high four but I need to mull it over a bit more before then.

The Wrap Up

 
I've had an awesome time this week with the read-a-thon! All in all I read 7 full books with a total of 3032 pages which is insane. I also took part in two twitter chats and eight challenges, not to mention meeting loads of incredibly new peeps on twitter :)

14 comments:

  1. Wow! 7 books?!?! I only manage to finish 2 and begin my 3rd :D

    Congratulations ^_^

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ner! And congrats on finishing 2 :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, way to go on that!! I only finished 5 out of my 8 books, but it was still fun! It was nice chatting with you on twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle :) It was great chatting with you on twitter!

      Delete
  3. This page count is crazy! I don't know how you did it and all of the challenges, commenting, and twitter chats. You were in the zone. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to triple check it lol :) I didn't expect it to be that high!

      Thanks for stopping by Joli!

      Delete
  4. Holy cow!!!! You did an AMAZING job!

    Congratulations on your great results! See you next Bout of Books!


    My Wrap Up Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Auggie :) And definitely see you next Bout of Books!

      Delete
  5. Woohoo! You really powered through those VA books this week, go you! It's been so much fun catching up with your updates and pics every day too. Roll on BoB7.0! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie :) I'm so glad I finally got them all read!

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to see you've read the VA series for the readathon! What a great choice, those books were VERY hard to put down once they were started! It's one of my favorite series of all time :D Now you'll need to start the spin-off series starting with Bloodlines, which is equally as interesting :D

    What a great job on the reading for the time-frame! I hope I can be as successful for the next WWReadathon!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I have the first two Bloodlines on my TBR and The Indigo Spell preordered (because...Adrian!!!) They worked perfectly for read-a-thoning :)

      See you at the WWReadathon and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of books, well done! :-D And 2 Twitter chats and 8 challenges - you were on a roll! Hope you had lots of fun, and hope to see you for 7.0. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a ton of fun! Looking forward to joining in with the next Bout of Books :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva