Monday 7 January 2013

Classic Double Challenge 2013


I thought I was done signing up for 2013 challenges...until I saw this one on Jenni Eylse's blog.It is so awesome I couldn't help signing up too :)

The Classic Double Challenge is hosted by Melissa @ One Librarian's Book Reviews and all you need to do is read a classic and a retelling of it this year. Melissa is being very loose in her definition of classics (any fairy tale, mythology, classic novel works - as long as there is some kind of original story to compare) and retellings (as long as it relates in some way) so this should be a pretty easy challenge to choose books for.

The Levels

Small: Read 2 related books
Medium: Read 4 books (2 sets of related books)
Large: Read 6 books (3 sets of related books)
Extra Large: Read 8 books (4 sets of related books)

The Rules

Once you decide on your level of participation, post your pledge on your blog/tumblr/goodreads/in the comments and maybe give us some possibilities of what you want to read (obviously, these aren't set in stone). When you complete a pair, feel free to write reviews/reactions/comparisons/whathaveyou about the books and I'll have a monthly link up here to share our progress.


I'll probably not be able to do monthly giveaways this time, but I will have giveaways periodically for challenge participants. And, of course, you definitely want to join in my Retell Me a Story celebration going on in January. That will have lots of fun stuff including author and blogger interviews/guest posts and giveaways.

I'm signing up for the Small level as I want to keep the pressure off. My possible reads are (originals on the left, retellings on the right - some with extra retellings):

 

 


 


If you'd like to sign up too, click here :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you decided to join in the Classic Double Challenge this year. I don't think I had considered Legend of Sleepy Hollow and The Hollow - that sounds like a great pairing! Looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a cheat pick - the Hollow is one of my favourite books so it's a great excuse for a reread :)

      Thanks for stopping by Melissa, and for hosting such an awesome challenge!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you decided to join the challenge! I look forward to seeing what you choose to read. It looks like you have a many good choices and who knew Jane Austen could be used as a retelling, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought it was hilarious when I first heard about Udolpho. I'm tempted to find a retelling of Northanger Abbey and read all three :)

      Thanks for stopping by Jenni!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva