All content on this blog was created and/or compiled by Project to be Read. No images, text or quotations may be copied or reproduced without written permission. Authors and publishers may use parts of reviews for quotations as long as I am notified.
Cover Characteristic is a great meme is hosted by Sugar & Snark. Each week a new characteristic is posted, and to take part you pick your favourite 5 covers that fit with the topic.
Here are my top 5 covers for this weeks Cover Characteristic: men without shirts.
5. I really like the cover for Naked Dragon by Annette Blair because it's not just a shirtless guy. The details (like the house, the tool belt and the tattoo) are all relevant to the storyline.
4. I generally love the Guild Hunter covers but I was suprised by how much I like the cover for Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh as I'm not generally a big fan of yellow.
3. Another yellow-but-good cover is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare which I like because it shows off the shadowhunter marks and the city skyline is very cool.
2. Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh is another cover where the details are relevant. I love the wolf silhouette especially as Hawke is the alpha of a pack of wolf shifters.
1. My favourite men without shirts cover has to be The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter. The whole series has some seriously hunky covers but I love how the guy on this manages to pull off a butterfly tattoo by looking all dark and brooding.
All reviews state the origin of the book. The majority of my reviews are for books that I have purchased for myself. Some are borrowed from libraries or friends, others are given as gifts. Any books received for review are given in exchange for an honest review. I do not charge for reviews and receive no monetary dispensation from Project to be Read.