Wednesday 20 June 2012

#WWReadathon - Slake Your Thirst


Time for the second challenge of the Read-a-Thon! This one is hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer and she is collecting recipes!
Share your favorite drink recipe and the cover of your favorite/most anticipated summer read!

Have fun with this, include pictures, the recipe (so we can all try it) and tell us about your book choice. Have you read it? Are you anxiously awaiting its release this summer? Why? 

My favourite drink recipe is about as non-summery as you can get. I'm not the biggest fan of summer and I tend to pretty much just drink water or iced coffee from coffee shops. So I'm sharing my favourite cinnamon hot chocolate recipe which I absolutely adore.

The yummy picture however is borrowed from Nassau Happening as this stuff never lasts long enough for a pic in my house lol :)

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

Chocolate Oat Milk, to fill your favourite mug
Cinnamon stick
Whipped cream (optional)
Powdered cinnamon (optional)

Place the chocolate oat milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick and heat slowly. Don't let it boil - it goes really gross! As soon as it gets nice and hot (I check with my finger) take it off the heat, ditch the cinnamon stick and pour into your favourite mug. Serve with whipped cream and/or sprinkle over some powdered cinnamon to taste.

My summer reading pick: 13 by Kelley Armstrong

This is the last book in Kelley Armstrong's outstanding Otherworld series, aka those books that got me addicted to urban fantasy. I've loved the series since it's beginning (with Bitten) and am kinda sad that it's coming to an end. That said I know it's going to go out with a bang and I can't wait to see what happens. It comes out on July 24 in the UK and I'm planning to read/reread the whole series to celebrate.


Here's the blurb (very vague/minor spoilers follow for books 1-12):

War is coming to the Otherworld. A sinister cult known as The Supernatural Liberation Movement is hell-bent on exposing the truth about supernaturals to the rest of the world. Their violent, ruthless plan has put everyone at risk: from werewolves to vampires, from witches to half-demons.

Savannah Levine - fiery and unpredictable - stands at the heart of the maelstrom. There is a new, dark magic inside her, granting her the power to summon spells of terrifying strength. But whether this magic is a gift or a curse, no one knows.

On the eve of battle, all the major players must come together in a last, desperate fight for survival - Elena and Clay; Adam and Savannah; Paige and Lucas; Jeremy and Jaime; Hope, Eve and more... They are fighting for lives. They are fighting for their loved ones.

They are fighting for the Otherworld.

* * * * *

If you'd like to take part, check out Kimba's original post here.

2 comments:

  1. Great book and the drink is perfect for a stormy summer night or after a day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not think of that! New summer plan - hope for many many stormy nights lol :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva