Saturday 2 June 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday (17)


Shelf Candy Saturday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews where each Saturday bloggers defy the saying "never judge a book by its cover" and showcase one that really catches their eye. Covers play a huge role in the books I choose so it's great to have the opportunity to showcase the pretties :)

First off, I have a quick look back at last week's shelf candy. I featured Shadows on the Moon by ZoĆ« Marriott (here) and talked about how I loved the wrap-around on the cover graphics. I wasn't able to get a picture then, but I've taken one now to show how awesome it is:


My shelf candy for this week is A Taste of Magic by Tracy Madison.

Today is Elizabeth Stevens’ birthday, and not only is it the one-year anniversary of her husband leaving her, it’s also the day her bakery is required to make a cake—for her ex’s next wedding. If there’s a bitter taste in her mouth, no one can blame her.

But today, Liz is about to receive a gift. Her Grandma Verda isn’t just wacky; she’s a little witchy. An ancient gypsy magic has been passed through her family bloodline for generations, and it’s Liz’s turn to be empowered. Henceforth, everything she bakes will have a dash of delight and a pinch of wishes-can-come-true. From her hunky policeman neighbor, to her gorgeous personal trainer, to her bum of an ex-husband, everyone Liz knows is going to taste her power. Revenge is sweet…and it’s only the first dish to be served.


This is one of my favourite fun covers. It's cute and a little bit quirky and really suits the fun story it contains. The cut-off face leaves Elizabeth's appearance up to the reader and focuses the eye on the awesome red lipstick.

The cover also shows how she uses her magic. Liz bakes her spells into her cakes and cookies so the focus on the scrumptious looking cookie works really well. The 'love you' icing is a great tie-in as well as this is a paranormal romance after all :)

The other two books in the series have just as awesome covers, each tailored to how each character directs her magic:


So what's your shelf candy this week?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the open view of last weeks pick. It is immensely gorgeous.
    The series that you are showing this week definitely has a lot of pop. Out of the three, A Stroke of Magic has got to be my favorite. I love the way they they are clearly from the same series, but the covers are still somewhat unique. I have not read anything from this author, but they sound like a lot of fun and the story line has enough originality to make me really curious. This sort of book makes me think of cozy paranormal, although I am sure there is no such genre. I am going to give the series a try. How fun to only now be discovering them and have several to read if it turns out that I like them. Thanks for sharing them, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! This is definitely one of those lesser known but just as awesome series that most people never get to enjoy. I'm glad you like the sound of them :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I want to thank you as well for showing the entire cover of "Shadows On the Moon"! Now I want this book right this very minute!! (Amazon, here I come! Lol.) Also, I LOVE your selection this week! The extreme close-up really works here, emphasizing, as you've pointed out, that luscious red lipstick. The font used for the title flows very nicely, too. And there's that pink cookie. It all ties together so perfectly! I also love the covers of the sequels. Definitely must-adds to my TBR pile!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria :) I had to get that pic of Shadows on the Moon in there. It's such a gorgeous book!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I like these covers! They do look fun! Those lipsticks are gorgeous and the models likes are really pretty and fit the design perfectly. They are very heart shaped aren't they? Wonderful pick!!
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly :) I totally agree about the covers looking fun, and the books are really fun too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva