Thursday 10 November 2011

Fall into Reading - Question 7

As part of the Fall into Reading challenge, Katrina at Callapidderdays is going to be posting a reading related question each Wednesday. I'm hoping to answer them here each week, partly to keep me motivated for the challenge itself (I find it way too easy to forget about challenges) and partly because there's a great group of people taking part and I'd like to see their answers.

If you're wondering what the whole Fall into Reading thing is about, check out my original post here or Katrina's "The Basics" post here.


This weeks question is: Is there a book that has had a tremendous impact on your life? One that made you look at life in a whole new way, or caused you to completely change something in your life?

I can't think of any books that have had a tremendous impact on my life. All the big changes in my life tend to be decisions I make either on the spur of the moment (so no books) or after careful thought and research (so lots of books).

I do believe though that everyone is constantly changing and evolving, and that every book you read changes you in some way. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's small, but you're never the same person who started the book when you finish.

Bonus question: How is your Fall Into Reading coming along? Are you on track? Ahead of schedule? Falling behind?

I'm getting on okay. I made a list of 57 books which I'm now thinking was slightly nuts as it is a massive amount of reading to do. I think I've read 14 which isn't too bad but is nowhere near halfway. I've read a few other books, but I've also not been well so I haven't been reading that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva