Sunday 27 November 2011

Play of Passion by Nalini Singh

Title: Play of Passion
Author: Nalini Singh
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
ISBN: 978-0-425-23779-3
Pages: 321
Series: Psy-Changeling #9
Type: Adult Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased
Goodreads


Drew Kincaid is the tracker for the SnowDancer wolf pack. His job is to track down any wolves who have gone over the edge and either bring them back, or remove the threat entirely. Lieutenant Indigo Riviere is one of the highest ranking, most experienced soldiers SnowDancer has, and she doesn't date younger or less dominant males. Drew is determined to get Indigo to break her rule and let him in, and he's prepared to play any games necessary to win her over.

This is the ninth book in the Psy-Changeling series and while I was really looking forward to a changeling focused book after the last few were psy heavy, I must say I was a little disappointed. It was a bit like Psy-Changeling-lite. I liked both Drew and Indigo where they've appeared in the other books in the series, and was surprised that I didn't enjoy this more. There are a lot of similarities between this and Branded by Fire and I think that book was vastly superior to this.

Most of the focus of the book is on the relationship (normal for the series) but in this one it almost totally drowns out the background story. In the last book, the Psy Council split in two with some members supporting Silence and others beginning to reject it. This book has the pro-Silence Psy beginning to act against the things they regard as a threat, including the SnowDancer wolves. The storyline that was included was good, I just wish there had been a greater depth and more of a build up of tension.

There were also some little Hawke/Sienna sections thrown in. I know their book (Kiss of Snow) is up next so I didn't mind their appearance as they helped build my anticipation for that book.

All in all, this was a good read and I can't wait for Kiss of Snow.

Plot: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Ending: 10/10
Enjoyment: 8/10
Cover: 9/10

Overall: 45/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva