Friday 30 September 2011

Monthly Round Up - September 2011


As this is my first full month of blogging, I've decided to introduce a new feature rounding up the posts from that month.

My Month in Books:

This month I have read 10 books for a total of 4032 pages. I also began my first ever blog based reading challenge Fall into Reading and I've read 3 of the books. Links to my reviews are below:

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (guest blog @ E&K Family Book Review)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Dark Lover by J. R. Ward
Lover Eternal by J. R. Ward
Lover Awakened by J. R. Ward


Book Awesomeness:

I'm taking the overall scores for each book, adding them up and turning them into a percentage to give an overall 'book awesomeness' score for the month. The score this month is:

93 %

Most Beautiful Cover:




My favourite cover from the books I read this month is The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I had a lot of 9/10 covers this month, so picking by score alone was out meaning I had to look at them as a whole and pick one. I love the simplicity of the cover and the blue/black colour combo adds a creepy dimension that fits the book really well.






Overall best book:



My overall best book from this month is Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I really loved the world building in the book because it was incredibly complex featuring loads of different races but presented in a way that it never became overwhelming. I really liked Evie as a character and I thought Lend was a great love interest for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva