Tuesday 20 December 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (15)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and the Bookish where a new top ten list is posted each week. This week is: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings. I'm not going for books I hope Santa brings because they were on my list, I'm going for books I'd love to receive but haven't asked for.

1. Evernight by Claudia Gray
I just got the last two books in the series in a lucky dip, but I haven't read the first two so they are top of my list. I don't like starting in the middle of a series because I always miss important things so I need to pick this up before I'll read the two I have.

2. Stargazer by Claudia Gray
Ditto what I said above, plus it's purple!

3. White Cat by Holly Black
I keep hearing amazing things about this series and the author. I have Tithe waiting to be read but this sounds like an incredible read too - illegal curse workers who by a simple touch could change your emotions, your thoughts, your luck? Awesome!

4. The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan
I met Sarah at a Cassandra Clare signing a few months back in London and got to chat with her for a bit. I've had The Demon's Lexicon on my TBR for ages and I picked up The Demon's Covenant at the signing so I really need to catch up. This would allow me to read the entire trilogy in one go.

5. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud
I only just heard of this a couple of days ago, but it sounds hilarious. I really enjoyed Pride and Prejudice when I read it (although I'm still a Knightley girl at heart) and I love modern retellings of classic novels so this sounds made for me. Plus rock music :)

6. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
I heard about this modern take on the Medusa myth back when I first started blogging and it sounds amazing. It is however a hardcover so it's pricier than my normal paperback purchases. It's a very girls-kick-butt kind of book so I would love to read it.

7. All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
I've always been a reader but when I hit my late teens I got really hooked and started reading at least once a day, every day. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was one of the authors I discovered and I still love her books. This continues on from one of my favourites (Shattered Mirror) which had a bit of a cliffhanger ending. I can't wait to see how she concludes the story.

8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
This sounds like an incredible read and I've heard so many great things about it. The idea of not being able to touch anyone for fear of killing them reminds me of Rogue from X-Men. It's an idea that terrifies me - never being able to touch anyone or be touched? Creepy.

9. The rest of the Discworld by Terry Pratchett
I started reading the Discworld books last year and fell in love with the world. I've read up to Mort and have a couple more standing by but I'd love all of them. There are a lot of books in the series though so it's going to take me a while to catch up.


10. The Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin
I read the first one of these a few years ago when I got it out of the library. I really enjoyed it but never managed to get my own copy. The series is now complete and the author has sadly passed away so I'd love to get and read all of them.

12 comments:

  1. stopping by to view your santa wish list. a few bloggers have Shatter Me on their list also. Love your header. Happy Holidays
    http://sidnereviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I did not know the author of Jaz Parks had passed away! I loved the first two books, but never got around to reading the rest. Guess that's another goal for next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your selections. I want to get Sorry by zoran Drvenkar, Shaun Whiteside.
    http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-want-for_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shatter me!! I've heard so many great this about it! I will start to read it today :) Hope Santa will listen to you wishlist and bring them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by. I haven't read any of the books on your list yet. But, most of them are on my TBR list. I hope you get some or all of them! :)

    I didn’t realize there were more than one UK version of Harry Potter. Are they different at all? Or, are the covers just different? They’ll probably be the children’s since those are the ones I’m most familiar with. (Those are the ones shown in the picture in my post, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really nice list. I, too, have Shatter Me on mine, and it seems like everybody's got it on theirs! It's very popular.

    I need to try reading some Holly Black. I've only read a graphic novel she wrote, but not an actual novel of hers.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a Happy Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of awesome picks on your list! I loved Sweet Venom- one of my surprise favourites of the year! Hope you enjoy it if Santa brings it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Shatter Me. I may need to add Claudia Grey's series and Sweet Venom to my list. I hope Santa makes all of us happy this year :)

    Thanks for visiting my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White Cat was amazing! As is the sequel, Red Glove. I adore Holly Black! Sweet Venom was also great. Tera's best yet! Great list! I hope Santa brings everything on it! Merry Christmas!

    Karis's Top Ten

    25 Days of Jubilation Giveaway- 3 Winners. International

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list, I really liked the evernight series, looking forward to Balthazar!
    I've had white cat, sweet venom and the demons lexicon sitting on my tbr for some time, I really need to get to them!
    Hope you get some of the books your wishing for, especially Discworld woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments guys :)

    @Jenni - the contents of the UK editions are all identical, there are just three cover designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! Great top ten! Shatter Me is amazing, I definitely hope you get it! I just recently picked up Evernight & Stargazer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva