Friday 30 March 2012

Spellbound by Cate Tiernan

Title: Spellbound
Author: Cate Tiernan
Publisher: Puffin Books
ISBN: 0-14-131405-2
Pages: 190
Series: Wicca/Sweep #6
Type: Young Adult Paranormal
Source: Purchased
Goodreads


Morgan is a blood witch with a huge amount of innate power. Initially introduced to magick and then betrayed by her boyfriend Cal Morgan is now studying with Hunter Niall, a member of the Witches' Council. Her world has been a mix of darkness and light and she has been forced to confront dark magick. Now Hunter is having accident after accident and Morgan wonders what could be causing this chaos.

This is the sixth book in the outstanding Wicca/Sweep series (after Book of Shadows, The Coven, Blood Witch, Dark Magick and Awakening). The storyline is action packed and full of twists, and this book is unique in that the danger comes from mundane accidents.

Morgan is finding an inner strength and she and Hunter are tentatively exploring their feelings for one another. They know that there is some kind of emotional connection but are reluctant to overcome their pasts and define their relationship. It is really interesting to see Morgan in a romantic situation where she is forced to take a leading role as she was very passive in her previous relationship.

With the two covens of Cirrus and Kithic now joined, there are more additional characters most of whom don't really get much page time. That said there is a lot going on for Morgan and Hunter in the story and too many side plots would have been very distracting. Mary K is still reeling from her relationship with Bakker, and Morgan is still rebuilding her friendship with Bree. Alice is also left dealing with the events of the previous book which echo throughout this narrative.

All in all, this was another great read and I can't wait to get stuck into The Calling.

Plot: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Ending: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Cover: 8/10

Overall: 48/50

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about reviewing a series! I feel the same way. I read this whole series, and I started out loving it, but I got kind of bored of it around the middle. Probably right around this book actually. I still enjoyed the series but not as much. Im so excited that you are still loving it :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Michelle :) The series does change in style from this book but I've read it over and over and still love them. I think the first set (up to Spellbound) are more fast paced and the others are more character driven.

    That said I've never reviewed the series before so I'm trying to be fair in my ratings and I'm not sure which will end up with the highest scores :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva