Saturday 19 May 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday (15)


Shelf Candy Saturday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews where each Saturday bloggers defy the saying "never judge a book by its cover" and showcase one that really catches their eye. Covers play a huge role in the books I choose so it's great to have the opportunity to showcase the pretties :)

My shelf candy for this week is Endure by Carrie Jones.




Okay so technically, my shelf candy is a series based pick this week. All of the covers for the Need Pixies books are awesome and I had the hardest time picking out a favourite to be my main pick. I ended up settling for the newest installment, Endure. However because this is the conclusion of the series, the description is really heavy on the spoilers.




The other three covers are just as awesome:



I love the interplay of black and gold on these covers and the sparklies just add to the awesome. They manage to be simple but also really emotive. I love all of them, but Endure stands out based on the swirls and the eye looking out of the cover. It really makes you question why her iris is gold and what she's thinking.

That said, all of the covers are thought-provoking getting the reader to question what exactly is going on. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of people on covers, but the simplicity of these covers works really well and caught my attention. The faces give the covers structure, and the simple colour scheme gives them a unique appeal.

Intrigued? Here's the description for the first book in the series Need:

Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

So what's your shelf candy this week?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, all of them were so beautiful..amazing pick for shelf candy. Never heard of these books before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Vidya :) I think this is the first series where I love all of the covers. It was so hard to pick one main one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Claire! AWESOME covers!! I love all of them, but I agree that your main choice is extra special because of the gold swirls and that golden eye. I really want to get into this series, hopefully some time soon! Lol. Thanks for featuring these books!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice, Claire. Entice is my favorite. It reminds me of breathing life itself. I love when a designer makes it clear that each book belongs in a series without making them look too much the same. I so have to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. It's really annoying when you get a series of books and they don't look at all alike, or when they each look nearly identical (to the point where you can't tell them apart).

      Delete
  5. Love these covers. I really want to read these books. I have to say though "Need" is my favorite. I mean, I totally want that lipstick color. Seriously. Bad ass.

    I'm a little late on my shelf chandy this week, but here it is if you want to take a peek:
    http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/05/shelf-candy-saturday-29.html

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm not sure I'd be able to pull off gold lips though lol :)

      Delete
  6. I adore these covers (and I've really enjoyed the story as well). The final installment is also my favorite with Entice coming in 2nd place. I love your take on the covers and agree with everything you said. I don't mind faces on covers too much but I do prefer when the faces are cut off leaving something to the imagination :)

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isalys! I prefer partial faces to full ones. It's so hard to find one that actually looks like the character otherwise.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva