Thursday 3 November 2011

Booking Through Thursday (9)


All other thing being equal, would you rather read a book that’s hard/challenging/rewarding or light/enjoyable/easy?

It all depends on my mood really. I don't often read books that are emotionally challenging because of the subject matter but I'm happy to read books that are intellectually challenging. At the same time there is a lot to be said for a light easy read. It all depends what I feel like reading.

Other than my mood, other things do influence my reading choices. Around Christmas I read almost exclusively Christmas-themed books, a lot of which are lighter reads. There's usually a lot going on for me near Christmas (and there'll be more this year given that I'm making most of the presents I'm giving) so I don't want a challenging book that requires more effort.

I don't think I could ever read just challenging or just easy books. All challenging would suck the fun out of reading, and all easy would mean I get bored. A mixture of the two suits me best.

7 comments:

  1. Hadn't thought of seasonal themes... Mixing levels is a great way to always keep reading fun and fresh.

    Here's my Booking Through Thursday ~ House Millar series

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to have a balance between the two. I don't think I could exclusively read one over the other. In either way I'd get bored and need some variation. So you put it wonderfully, it really does depend on the mood.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on what mood you are in at the time.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree - sometimes I want something more intellectual and sometimes I want the equivalent of entertainment junk food - It think there is value in both types of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree. A mixture of two is perfect. At Christmas I rarely want to read anything challenging either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right. It just depends on my mood. Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments guys :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva