Thursday 7 February 2013

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-thon: Thursday (#WWReadathon)

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon

Whenever I do a read-a-thon, I like to post daily updates which end up forming a kind of journal for that time. I'm keeping this tradition with the Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon. Each update will include something about my day and what I've been up to along with my thoughts on the books I've been reading and any challenge entries.

My Day

I've not read that much today as my ME has flared up and I'm feeling exhausted all the time. Add that to accompanying my Mum to her hospital appointment and I'm totally wiped. I did manage to get a little reading done though, and I'm hoping to get some rest tomorrow as I know I have to go out on Saturday.

The Books

Although I said in my goals post I was 2 chapters into The Golden Lily, I decided to start fresh with Deja Dead. I was supposed to start this on the 2nd for a buddy read so I decided to bump it up and get reading.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I think so far. I'm a big fan of Bones and the book is very different (Tempe stays, everyone else is gone). It's different, and it turns out watching the forensic scenes is a lot less gross than reading them. At this point I'm around 1/3 in so this could be because I've not read in a while, or that I've been reading a lot of YA, or even that I don't read much crime. Either way I'm going to keep reading before I form an opinion.

Total pages read: 142

The Challenges

April @ My Shelf Confessions is hosting the Love 'Ship Challenge today and you can still take part here. The challenge is:

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to pick an established relationship (get it, “‘ship” LOL) from any book or series and then tell me what sort of cruise they would go on – we all know there are SO many themed cruise ships, and you can make up a theme too! Where would the travel destination stops be? What fun things would they do together during the week? And best of all, explain why you chose what you chose! Essentially you are their cruise ship travel agent trying to give them the trip of a lifetime that they’ll love! OH and what’s the cruise ship named?

I'm going to steal Sam and Grace from Shiver and send them on a cruise around French Polynesia on the SS Paradiso. The cruise will tour the gorgeous, warm islands providing ample opportunities for some alone time in some of the most beautiful natural hideaways on earth. Stopping at Tahiti, Bora Bora and the Tuamoto Islands there are romantic beaches galore and a host hidden islands to explore. The lovebirds can enjoy hiking up volcanoes, scuba diving and even hunting for elusive black pearls.

For a couple torn apart by seasonal changes, the crystal clear waters and outstanding scenery will give Sam and Grace some time away from the stress of their pasts to enjoy some time as a couple while the perma-summer setting will keep those worries far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva